Thursday 22 September 2011

It's Upcycled Painting Time - Help Me Name Her!

Months and months ago (before The Boy and I even started looking for a flat) I picked up this picture in a charity shop for just £4. It's printed on board and says LA PENITENTE (Detail) on the back. I've no idea who the artist is.

It was a bit weird for me to buy such an ordinary painting because the rest of the pictures hanging in the flat are a bit random. I like my art a little strange and with a bit of attitude but there was something about this print that stood out to me.
For the last 3 months it's been hanging in our kitchen and every day I looked at it and felt, well, underwhelmed.
So I took a Sharpie or two and...

Is that like, totally awful? It wasn't an original so I guess that's okay - I've never defaced a piece of art before. I feel a bit naughty (can't say that I'm not enjoying that feeling either!).
She looks pretty cool up on the stone fireplace...

She doesn't have a name yet though. Anyone got any ideas? 

In other news - I won't be blogging for a few days as The Boy and I are going camping. We love us a bit of the outdoors, although this is the latest in the year that we've ever attempted it so we're taking extra socks. I'm hoping body heat alone will be enough! Eh? Eh? *Nudge nudge wink wink*

In my imagination it's going to go something like this...

But will probably end up being much like this...

Happy camping!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the girl even more a zombie. I'm usually really good with coming with names but for some reason all I got is Penny the Zombie Girl, not that amazing huh?
    Hope you and The Boy have a great time camping!

    ReplyDelete