Sunday 28 August 2011

Oh Jennifer...

Day 4 of the 30 Day Drawing Challenge was SO much easier than I thought it would be! I was so worried!
The subject is - 'Draw Your Best Friend!'
My best friend is a lovely lass called Jenny. She's my longest and dearest friend. Throughout my childhood my family moved around a LOT. Every couple of years or so I had to attend a new school, make new friends and unfortunately lose others. Of course I wrote to a few but after you move house 5 times and start getting older, these things just peter out naturally.
Our last move was to Cornwall and on my very first day of school (I was 13) I met Jenny. Ever since then she has been there for me. She's warm, funny, beautiful and just a genuinely lovely person. For 10 years she's been in my life and makes up a millions times over for me not having proper childhood friends.
She was EVEN friends with me through my blonde hair phase!

We have NEVER argued. I've NEVER thought 'gee this girl is getting on my nerves' and I could NEVER imagine a world without my lovely Jennyfire.


Aint she a beaut?!
So yeah - the subject matter was covered - it was the actual drawing of the actual best friend that was the worrying part. How could I do justice to such a beautiful girl with such shiny hair?
My solution was just to start drawing - and stop before I made her look too scary...and this is where I stopped:
The picture quality on my camera is awful but even so, I think this is my favourite so far!

How could anyone resist a girl with such amazing taste in fancy dress??

1 comment:

  1. Oh Coral! How i Love you, no one will ever truly understand the depth of it! You are just the most amazing and sweetest person ever...i'm ACTUALLY lost for words......thats right.....i'm speechless!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx P.S I LOVE LOVE LVOE LVORL OPDROCVLOD that picture!!!!!!!! Totally excellent, just like youuu!!!!

    ReplyDelete