Wednesday 24 August 2011

I'm On FIRE! And I have a PENCIL!

I understand that the title of this post is rather IN YOUR FACE and doesn't make much sense so here's a brief explanation...
Two blogs in TWO days. That's consistency. Hence the fire.
The pencil reference is to do with a 30 day challenge. Yeah - one of THOSE. I'm sure you've all heard of it - it's the 30 day drawing challenge.
I really love to draw. I really love to paint. But I never have the time nor the inspiration. So this is basically a bit of a kick up the arse to myself. I'm hoping that after 30 days of drawing every day it'll just come naturally again.
I'd like to point out at this moment that I am not technically very good at drawing - I just enjoy doing it. So I apologise for clogging up your blog feeds with random ass sketches for the next 30 days.
(I know, I know, you're thinking '30 days? Kiki La Mer blogging 30 days in a row? Every day?' Well I'm gonna try. The word try leaves just the right amount of room for failure =P)

Day 1 of the 30 Day Drawing Challenge is...
1. Draw Yourself.
Well great. This is already a pretty self indulgent blog subject - let's just make it more about ME heh? *Rolls eyes*
I drew myself with a HB graphite pencil and a 4B graphite pencil. I pictured myself wearing my favourite comfy casual outfit whilst sitting at a table with a presumably alcoholic drink in my hand. I'm sure a psychologist would have a lot to say about that.
Anyway - here's the damn picture.
 Here's a photo of me in said outfit...with a pint glass...y'know just for you ;)
Yeah - we have a lot of fridge magnets.
Blue Swallow Earrings - £4.99 Camden Market (I posted about that particularly wonderful visit to London here)
Top - £1.99 Charity Shop
Moustache Necklace - £4.99 eBay
Jeans - £4 Charity Shop
Doc Martens - £20 eBay (Worn once! Steal!)

Hope you enjoyed. If I start becoming one of these people that actually does what they say they're going to do then I'll see you all tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. hey now you got some skill with the pencil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute drawing and outfit. I think starting with a selfportrait is quite the challenge I would have saved that for at least a few days into the challenge (ok I teach art to teens who are super self conscious so I always try to ease into them). Where is this challenge coming from if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was using stumbleupon.com and it just came up on a random webpage. If you google the 30day drawing challenge there are quite a few websites that have it listed. No idea where it came from originally!
    I did a small art course when I was 18 and the first thing we had to do was to draw ourselves and then the person next to us (who we'd never met!). It was mortifying! Good on you for easing them in!!

    ReplyDelete