Monday 10 January 2011

I'm Back! And Writing About Art Brut Tattoos...

My hand is red because I slapped it - slapped it for not being a dedicated blogger over the last month! I went home for the Xmas holidays and to my horror my Mother did not have internet. Is this the 20th century or what? I also have been lazy and out of the habit of writing - which is not constructive. But I'm back now, so all is well in the jungle.
For my first blog of 2011 I want to share with you all a new discovery of mine. Art Brut tattoos are a new style of tats that I'm seeing increasingly in tattoo magazines. It wasn't until I bought the American magazine Skin&Ink today however, that I actually knew what the style was called.
The artwork is pretty much beyond anything that I can describe - each tattoo is so different and unique that I've found myself staring at them for ages, completely mesmerised by what, why, who and how?
Art of course can take many forms, and it's nice to see tattoos going off on a completely random tangent. Tattoo's are always going to grow and develop - certain styles may go out of fashion (tribal anyone?) but I don't think this style ever could. It's just too random and wonderful. I don't think I could even begin to think of a design. Have a look at these pictures and tell me what you think...



4 comments:

  1. Lol dont talk to me about internet problems! You'd think the internet is so advanced there'd just be great connection everywhere right?? I have the same shit when i go to my mams house. Oh oh that 3rd tattoo is amazing! I buy tattoo mags too, even though im a tattoo virgin lol. I need to rectify that problem soon... Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back again, doll!
    I adore this style of tattooing too - especially the ones that look like randon Jackson Pollock paintings, but they are so far removed from everything else that I've got that I don't think they'd suit me. In fact,they are so special that I thin you'd really only want one and that be your only tattoo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aoife- You should totally get a tattoo - although once you do they will take over your life! Happy New Year =D xx
    @Madame G- Great to be back! I know what you mean, I don't think I could pull something like this off. They're incredible to look at though! I completely agree with it having to be the only tattoo - this style wouldn't go with any of mine and it would just look less cool if it was surrounded by other things. xx

    ReplyDelete